Where we hang our hats and welcome our friends:

Where we Hang our hats and Welcome our friends:
8011 Plaxco Drive
Chattanooga, TN 37421

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

What are you Giving for Christmas?

So - I started this post before Christmas, but then everything got in the way - but not really in the way - I just decided that it was more important to spend time with kids and family than the computer. 

But here is what I was thinking before Christmas....



It was official – the last shopping weekend before Christmas – quick, 
get to the mall, or Target, or Walmart (or maybe not).

I can officially say that I had done all my shopping – except for the sewing part, I was done.  
(That means Howard is done too since I’m the official shopper in the family)

But there was only one gift under the tree at that point, from someone else to us.  

Our wrapping was still coming.

But wait…
…What am I giving Jesus?

One of my favorite children’s sermons from years past was when we brought all the kids forward at the Christmas Eve service 
and sat around the manger, right under the Christmas tree.  


I asked them if they were excited…you could feel that they were.  
Excitement was in the air for everyone.

Until I asked them if they were sure they had gotten everyone on their list a gift.

“What did you get Jesus this Christmas?”

I could see the looks of puzzlement and thought on their faces.

Long before God the Son came to earth as a baby, everything was his. 
The glory and joy of heaven were his. 
In heaven he was rich in his relationship with his Father and the Spirit.
“You know the generous grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. 
Though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, 
so that by his poverty he could make you rich.” 
2 Corinthians 8:9

What do you give the person who has everything?

“What can I give him, give him my heart”
Have you given him your heart today? 






...and so, on the back end of the Christmas celebrations, 

staring the next year in the face, 

I can say that I did give Jesus my heart, 

and my time, and my family, and my hands.  

And

I plan to give Him those in the New Year also!




No comments: