Where we hang our hats and welcome our friends:

Where we Hang our hats and Welcome our friends:
8011 Plaxco Drive
Chattanooga, TN 37421

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

December Musings - 23 days until...

 
December is here - the end of the year is near! Parties, programs, pastries, presents! 

All this busyness and running around just wears me out.
(I didn't go to a store on Thanksgiving or on Black Friday - it was really freeing.) 

  I found this great saying by one of my favorite bloggers this weekend:

"I don't want a Christmas you can buy.
I don't want a Christmas you can make.
What I want is a Christmas you can hold.
A Christmas that holds me,
Remakes me, revives me.
I want a Christmas that whispers, JESUS."
                          Ann Voskamp

That really sums it up doesn't it.

   I'm not cynical, I think I have come to the point where I see what is really important - thank you Lord for working on my heart.

So I am looking forward to the coming days that will help me see Jesus' name whispered in the events around me - 

   the lights of candles 

   the singing of carols 

   the giving of gifts 

   the excitement of children

   the snuggling in cold weather

   the story of the Shepherds

   the story of the Wisemen

   the story of baby Jesus

   the story of Grace!   

    

(This print was drawn by our good friend Emily Gruver and is available for sale - contact us if you would like to purchase one!)

No comments: