Where we hang our hats and welcome our friends:

Where we Hang our hats and Welcome our friends:
8011 Plaxco Drive
Chattanooga, TN 37421

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Gifts



Proverbs 20:14 - "'it's no good, it's no good!' says the buyer - who then goes off and boasts about the purchase"

Shopping - I love to shop - for a good deal!

I rarely go to the full price rack, I know where all the sale racks are at our local stores.

And thrift stores - there are 4 great ones here in Lethbridge, and I visit them every other week or so. lately it has been to get some puzzles for our winter evenings.

But Christmas shopping?  It has become less enjoyable as I get older, maybe because of the same reason I see other people "of a certain age" posting this saying:

As you grow older, your Christmas list gets smaller; the things you really want for the holidays can’t be bought.

It's true!  

So I was thankful that our kids suggested that for Christmas this year we get the grand-kids some "time". I will be taking them places and making memories when I visit after Christmas. Howard will be taking them places and making memories when he travels home at the end of January. 

Mary Kate

Charlee Marie
Finn

Carson

Emily

Things will pass away, memories and time will not.

"Two things I ask of you,
O Lord . . . .
give me neither poverty 
nor riches,
but give me only my daily bread.
Otherwise, I may have too much 
disown you . . 
Or I may become poor and steal."
Proverbs 30:7-9




1 comment:

Becky said...

Man I missed all these great posts! I saved free coupons for both ice skating and roller skating today. Lots of fun stuff to do!