Where we hang our hats and welcome our friends:

Where we Hang our hats and Welcome our friends:
8011 Plaxco Drive
Chattanooga, TN 37421

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Do I have to it "IT ALL" Done before Christmas?


What is this mysterious "ALL" that I am trying to get done before Christmas?  





Is it those Christmas Cards that haven't been sent? 


(You will be getting them before New Years!)







Is it our special holiday cookies that only make an appearance at Christmas? 



(I finally found the Andes mints and the cookies are baked and hidden)







Is it the preparations for those Christmas programs? The shopping that still needs to be done? The home-made gifts that are half finished. The dinner party to plan? The parties to attend?









Whatever it is, I know that each year I feel the same crunch in the week before Christmas. So it was refreshing to re-read the "little book" this morning where Steven Estes talks about Perfectionism.  I loved his reminder "God has bigger plans for you than the perfect dinner. That's why he lets things go wrong. He's saving your appetite for the perfect eternity"

"You can make many plans, but the Lord's purpose will prevail"?  Proverbs 19:21

I may have designs for what I want my Christmas to look like, but I need to CHILL and let the unexpected happen - or not.



1 comment:

Becky said...

Great post mom. Can't wait to see you soon!!