Where we hang our hats and welcome our friends:

Where we Hang our hats and Welcome our friends:
8011 Plaxco Drive
Chattanooga, TN 37421

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

I hit the wall . . . adventures while swimming, part 2

Yep,
   Believe it or not. I couldn't believe it when it happened, I hit the wall of the pool with my head, first lap this morning.  Whack! Didn't slow down or anything, and of course, there was someone standing in the next lane while it occurred. Tears would have come to my eyes if they weren't already wet.

  How do you explain that one? I was actually day-dreaming - planning what I was going to do today and at the same time, trying not to hit the person I was sharing the lane with.

  Oh well, keeps you humble.

   So that got me to thinking (30 minutes of laps ahead, remember - lots of time to think).

   That "Hitting a Wall" idom is found in many different places in life:

If you are a writer.
If you can't get better from your illness.
If you rely on creativeness for your employment.
If you are trying to reach the unreachable.
If your students just don't get it.
If the money is not in the checking account no matter how hard you work.
If the car just won't work no matter what you have fixed.
If _________________________ (you fill in the blank)

  Last night our ladies Bible study started a new study, we will be going through the book of Nehemiah - you know him - the guy with the "wall" problem.

  So far we haven't learned much about the wall - instead we looked at the God who made a promise to a whole bunch of people - a covenant with chosen people - us.  The God who promised to be with us no matter when or where we hit our "wall".  The God who promised in Genesis, Exodus, Samuel, Isaiah, Chronicles, Romans, and the entire written word of God:

  The God who sent Jesus, who handled all of our "walls" for us.


  My wall today was just part of a cement pond, but other days my wall will be things I have to do, people I have to live with, phone calls I have to make.  I am thankful each day for my Lord and Savior Jesus who has tackled the same walls and for the Holy Spirit who gives me the strength to tackle the new walls I encounter.
 

Image result for brick wall photo

 What is your wall today, this week, this month?

  (my way of asking if there is anyone out there?)

1 comment:

Becky said...

Are you okay?! I've had that moment at the Y too. A few years ago something on my headphones startled me when I was on the treadmill and I fell off and EVERYONE saw.