Where we hang our hats and welcome our friends:

Where we Hang our hats and Welcome our friends:
8011 Plaxco Drive
Chattanooga, TN 37421

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Alone in the pool?

It finally happened. 

 We have been members of the YMCA in Athens, TN and Chattanooga, TN for over a year now.  


  Howard walks the treadmill for 450 to 500 calories and then lifts some weights.




Powered by ActivTraxI swim and participate in the Activtrax program they offer
 (it's been fun to learn how to use all those intimidating machines).



  Every other day is swim day and when I arrive a little before 7 am, I usually have to wait for the the really committed Masters Swimming class to finish, and then I can have a lane for laps, although lately I have had to share a lane most days. Not a problem.

  Thirty minutes of laps - freestyle one direction, backstroke on the way back.  Fourteen strokes of freestyle - 18 strokes of backstroke.  It can get monotonous, but I have gotten praying while swimming down to a science.  The time flies by now.

  So today as I was about done with my 30 minutes, I happened to stop for a breather and looked around the pool - I had started my morning with sharing a lane with another person, now there was NO ONE in the whole pool except for me.

It was eerie, just me       -        and the life guard.
My own personal life guard for 5 minutes!!

Cool.



Which got me to thinking while I finished up my laps:

Was I really alone - of course not - the life guard was there.

Hey, I always have a personal life guard.   Jesus!  

I am never alone as I swim through the waters of life.

  What a nice thought to start my day and to think on for the rest of the week. And it will probably come to mind every time I swim.

Such are the musings of a morning spent in the pool.




No comments: