Where we hang our hats and welcome our friends:

Where we Hang our hats and Welcome our friends:
8011 Plaxco Drive
Chattanooga, TN 37421

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Confidence that leads to Hope


So give me faith like Daniel in the lion’s den
Give me hope like Moses in the wilderness
Give me a heart like David, Lord be my defense
So I can face my giants with confidence

I’m not a warrior
I’m too afraid to lose
I feel unqualified for what you’re calling me to
But Lord with your strength
I’ve got no excuse
'Cause broken people are exactly who you use


  I love listening to Moody radio on my way to work each day - we wake up to it on the alarm and in addition to the morning music we get the weather, traffic, and news. 
  This morning Jason was sharing that his family is dealing with some "giants" that they need to rely on the Lord for - and because of that their family has adopted the above song for their motto. 
  As I listened to the song I was encouraged to think about where my HOPE and CONFIDENCE lies. 

Image result for Hope and Confidence image

  I did some research on the Hope of Moses as he led the Israelites through the wilderness. I found a blog by Jennifer Maggio which had some words of Hope for me today:

   "The Israelites were rescued from slavery through the leadership of Moses. He led a national revolt, because God spoke to him to do so. He gathered the people and they literally ran for their lives as the Egyptians came chasing them. They had been beaten, abused, malnourished, and mistreated. And they get to the other side of the Red Sea --- God showed up and gave them a miracle. And they get to other side of the Red Sea and the real testing began. They waited for their deliverance to the Promised Land for 400 years.  Testing comes.


    Exodus 13:17-18  says that God did not lead the Israelites along the easiest route, even though it was the shortest way. He said that if it got too tough and they were faced with a battle, they might just change their minds and give up! They might just turn around and go home!

  Think about that for a minute. 
       Have you been asking God why? 
            Why am I here? 
                   Why am I wandering? 
                          Could it be that you’re being led in a roundabout way, because God is teaching you? 

    Don’t ask why – just drive!

   When you come out of the wilderness, out of the season of testing – there’s rest. There’s peace. There’s hope. So replenish during this time. Take the time to assess what you’ve learned during that time in the wilderness. Take the time to rest in Christ’s eternal peace. 

   One of the fruits of the spirit is hope. 
   Hope was given when you accepted Christ as your Savior.


Image result for Fruit of the spirit Hope
                    

No comments: